How to Make an Herbal Tea Blend for Stress

How to Make an Herbal Tea Blend for Stress



I've created an herbal tea blend that is designed to calm me down when I'm under stress. In the beginning stages I opt for something gentle that will help nourish my nervous system, and if I deal with the stress early, it won't escalate into a bigger problem. Left untreated, chronic stress can lead to a host of health problems including anxiety, high blood pressure and weight gain.

The thing I like about this blend is that it is gentle and safe to use every day. I love the taste of it by itself. However, a drop of honey also makes it taste very good. Here is how to make it--so you too--can de-stress the next time you're feeling the pressure.







Things You'll Need:





3 tbsp. oatstraw




2 tbsp. chamomile flowers




2 tbsp. rose petals




1 tbsp. spearmint




1 tbsp. lemon




Small mixing bowl




Wooden spoon




Airtight container









1


Make sure that you find the highest quality herbs available. I like Mountain Rose Herbs (see link in Resources below).





2


Add all of the herbs to the mixing bowl. Stir gently with the wooden spoon.





3


Transfer herbs to an airtight container. I like amber glass bottles because the herbs stay fresh longer.





4


To brew a cup of tea use 1 1/2 tsp. of the blend for every cup of boiling water.








Tips & Warnings










All of the herbs should be in their dried form.








See a physician if your stress persists. You'll want to have a checkup to make sure your health hasn't been affected.








It is also important to ask your doctor if it is OK to take these herbs in the first place.



http://www.ehow.com/how_2338268_herbal-tea-blend-stress.html